Using Industry Research
To enable participants to use key industry research information as effective and persuasive elements of the sales process
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- I can explain how readership and circulation information are obtained
- I can explain the value of readership and circulation information to an advertiser
- I can describe the circulation for trend for my main print product
- I can describe the readership trend (number and profile) for my main print product
- I can build readership and circulation trend information into a sales case when it appropriate and positive to do so
- I can work with CPTs (CPMs) to assist me in holding an advertising rate.
- I can explain what TGI is and how the information is obtained.
- I can explain what information I could get from TGI to help me on my portfolio of business
- I can review the ABC data (current or over time) for a given newspaper and identify potential strengths and weaknesses
- I can explain what NMR is and how the information is obtained
- I can explain what information NMR I can get from NMR to help me identify opportunities for my area of business
- I can explain what JICREG is and what information it provides to help me to sell
- I can access standard JICREG reports and present the information contained in them accurately and persuasively
- I can request defined* JICREG non standard reports and present the information contained in them accurately and persuasively
- *Specific target audiences Schedules and multiple insertions Specific areas
- I can identify sales information (additional to the standard material available to all of my team) that will help me to sell on my specific area (category) of business and portfolio of clients
Prior Learning /Competencies Required by Participants:
Participants should have attended, or be able to demonstrate the competencies defined for Essential Introductory Knowledge and Adding and Demonstrating Value
Slides with complete Trainers Notes
Exercises with instructions for use
Appendix : Common Calculations : Explanations and Examples
*USING INDUSTRY RESEARCH has been developed for use with print and online products.
If you would like a similar Programme for use with a different media channel please contact us.